Order is the accurate arrangement of things. It is the state of being well arranged. The opposite of order is disorder, which is defined as the absence of order, chaos: a state of not being arranged in an orderly manner. Whether in your academics, physical, spiritual or mental life, order is very vital and cuts across all sphere of human life.
1 Corinthians 9: 26-27 (NKJV)- "Therefore I run thus: not with uncertainty. Thus I fight: not as one who beats the air. But I discipline my body and bring it into subjection, lest, when I have preached to others, I myself should become disqualified".
As believers, order is very important. God has called us to excel, but we can't do that living our lives in a disorderly manner. Order aids us in life. It increases productivity. Order brings about multiplication. It releases the supernatural and it is a function of wisdom.
God is a God of order; Genesis 1 records the story of creation. Everything was done in an orderly manner. Even Adam achieved order, Genesis 2:15. Abraham in Genesis 22:9 after building an altar, placed the woods in order. Elijah, in 1 Kings 18:33, displayed orderliness on Mount Carmel.
These are just a few out of the many people that displayed order in the bible. If God is orderly, we as His children are meant to emulate Him and walk on the same path. Even God expects us to be orderly in every area of our lives. He wants us to achieve order in our spiritual life, emotional life, marriage and relationship, tithing and finance, health, career, academics, business, and in every area of our lives.
Few Tips On How To Be In Order:
1. If you get it out, put it back.
2. If you open it, shut it back.
3. If you try it on, hang it up.
4. If you get it dirty, wash it.
5. If you don't need it, get rid of it.
6. If it does not fit, donate it.
7. If it is expired, dump it.
8. If it is junk, throw it out
9. If it is a bill, pay it.
10. Schedule it and work it out.
One thing we must all remind ourselves of is that all these are deliberate steps. We have to be deliberate about it. Tell yourself, no more disorderliness for me. Christianity is responsibility. Even the decision to start out your day on the most orderly note, which is with God, lies with you. Learn how to focus and avoid distractions. You need to have few agendas:
1. Prayer time: Must be scheduled and there must be a focus to it.
2. Bible time: Have a reading plan; whether topical study or character studies, make sure you have a reading plan.
3. Personal Development Plan: The best investment you can make is in yourself. Spend time reading books; watch what you feed your mind with. Make only positive investments in yourself.
4. Exercising: Your health is very important. Exercise and eat right. Study Matthew 6:22.
5. Finance: Maintain orderliness even in keeping financial records of your personal spending. Having a personal budget is a great idea.
1 Corinthians 14:40 (NKJV) Let all things be done decently and in order.
Do everything circumspectly and moderately. Ask God for wisdom. You need to change your life so you can change your world. Be deliberate about your life. Stay consistent with these tips. Stay consistent with the word of God and your agenda. Do something today your future self will thank you for.
Hi! My name is Pelumi and I'm a Christian and also Nigerian. I have a B.A in History and International Relations. I believe I'm an outstanding writer who's hobbies include reading, writing, singing and traveling. If there is one thing I would like to be remembered for, it would be as a Kingdom-addict and a Kingdom-centric lady. In my little mess HE fixed me, still loved me and accepted me as His own. Smile, because winning is sure in the end!