As young Christians, we all were faced with people testing our faith and doubting God’s word. Or maybe you, yourself, doubted God. Maybe you questioned his goodness. Maybe even something tragic happened in your life and you cannot make sense of your faith. You must stay strong. Don't allow satan to get you and move you away from God. We all must stay in the word. When trouble come, get in the word. When joy comes, get in the word. By doing this we will be practicing his presence! We will know God. We understand that he is with us; He is IN us.
Below I provided 13 scriptures about doubt and unbelief. Read and meditate on them and allow God to strengthen you through the Holy Spirit:
Faith & Doubt
1) Job 12:2 "No doubt you are the people, and wisdom will die with you"
2) Luke 24:37-38 "But they were startled and frightened and through they saw a spirit. And he said to them, ' Why are you troubled and why doubts arise in your hearts?' "
3) Romans 14:23 "But whoever has doubts is condemned if he eats, because the eating is not from faith. For whoever does not proceed from faith is sin."
4) James 1:6 "But let him ask in faith, with no doubting for the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind"
5) Mark 9:24 "Immediately the fathers of the child cried out and said, 'I believe; help my unbelief!' "
6) Matthew 13:58 "And he did not do many mighty works there, because of their unbelief."
7) Mark 6:6 "And he marveled because of their unbelief. And he went about among the villages teaching"
8) Mark 16:16 "Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believes will be condemned"
9) Romans 11:20 "That is true. They were broken of because of their unbelief , but you stand fast through faith. So do not become proud, but fear"
10) Matthew 14:31 "Jesus immediately reached out his hand and took hold of him, saying to him, 'O you of little faith, why did you doubt?"
11) Mark 11:23 "Truly, I say to you, whoever says to this Mountain, 'Be taken up and thrown into the sea' and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that what he says will come to pass. It will be done for him"
Lack of Faith
12) Mark 4:40 "He said to them, 'Why are you so afraid? Have you still no faith?' "
13) Hebrews 11:16 "And without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exist and that he rewards those who seek him"
If you are dealing with doubts and unbelief, take the time out and pray. Talk to God. Ask him questions. He wants to hear from you. Go to God before you go to Google. This world will tell you all kinds of stuff. That stuff will feed into your doubts and soon will become unbelief. Go to the word; Go to God. - Jeff Parks