Then the Lord God said, it is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper who is just right for him.
It is a difficult season for many of us out here who wants to find that companion but do not want to settle for anyone. I understand completely, so I ask you that you allow God to use you this season. Do we realize that during this season we are able to seek God more and deeper than ever? I know a lot of us are tired of attending weddings and not having a wedding. Many of us are seeking comfort from men or women who are not our husbands or wives or addicted to images of the perverted sites. Instead of throwing yourself a pity party, have a singles party. Yes, this may sound silly but whether it is just for you or for your closet single friends, you will be amazed just by how much fun you can be having.
We must not look at what others have but be thankful for what we have. There is something amazing about waiting on the Lord. There are perks of being single and we have the ability to just be free (by biblical definition) in this season.
Below, I have outline some things you can do during this single season:
1. Growing in Your Relationship with God- Our main priority is Jesus, not that husband or wife. Even in marriage spouses have to have their deep personal relationship with God. During this season while we are praying for our spouses, we are to be connecting to Jesus. There is nothing more beautiful than an amazing relationship with Jesus. Each day you can soak in the presence of God without having any distractions.
2. Travel- Here is what I love about being single is the ability to go where I want when I want and not having to tell anyone (except my parents) where I am going. While I may not personally cannot afford to travel internationally, that does not mean I can site see that different cities and states within the great USA. Traveling can introduce you to different people and if you’re interested in traveling internationally, a family can host you while you in a different country.
3. Spending quality time with yourself- At least once a month I like to take myself on a date. This goes back to number 1, please realize that you do not have to go to dinner with another man or woman when you can take yourself. You can go out for dinner, go to the movies, go bowling, visit a museum, or go to a bookstore. Whatever you like to do, do it!
4. Create a hobby- Over the summer I decided that I wanted to take up painting, so I went to Hobby Lobby and purchased a canvas, paint and paintbrushes. And more recently I picked up my love for designing bracelets. Whatever you enjoy doing do it or if you have ever been interested in doing take the time and do it. You can either make this a date or spend time with Jesus while doing it.
5. Enjoy life- God does not want us to miserable. Yes there are things we as Christians should not take part of but that does not mean we cannot have fun. Enjoy life!
There are so much more that can be done, but the most important thing is enjoying this season. Because once this season is over, there is no going back. Ecclesiastes 6:9 states Enjoy what you have rather than desiring what you don’t have. Just dreaming about nice things is meaningless like chasing the wind. There is absolutely nothing wrong with wanting to be married, but we should not let that be our focused. So let us enjoy this moment in our lives because it is so pivotal in growing in Jesus and loving all of Him and in due time if it’s His Will, we will find comfort in knowing that we waited on God and not settled.
My name is Denisha Rue and I was born and raised in Detroit, MI. I gave my life to Christ in 2007 when I was 16 years old but I didn't truly surrender my life until 2013. Jesus has truly saved me from a life of rebellion I love Christ and my life has radically changed when I said yes to the calling. I enjoy coffee, contemporary Christian music, reading and writing.